Friday, December 26, 2014

Yes, it is true – there is candy I have never had before


I have been in a candy rut for a while now.  I have become complacent, sticking to the familiar: jelly bellys, tootsie rolls (chocolate and vanilla), my usual seasonal favorites (salt water taffy, candy corn) and so on.  Then I received a package from my sweet sister-in-law Pam, that was full of candy from a store in Salt Lake City – some that I am familiar with (e.g., Necco’s, salt water taffy) and some I have never heard of or seen before (e.g., Cherry Cocktail, Idaho Spud, Chick-o-Stick).  In fact, this photo contains those wonderful specimens, including additional ones that I received as gifts.  Also, notice the Candy jigsaw puzzle from Colleen!!!  I started working on it today and the whole time I kept thinking  - oh, I love that; oh, I haven’t had that for years, and even oh, I have never had that before!  So, I decided 2015 will be all about trying candy I have never had before.  First I will start with the goodies Pam sent me – starting with Idaho Spud (that one is just too interesting not to be the first one!) and then I am officially on a quest to try candy I have never had before (of course along with my staples, I mean, come on!). 

Food Network magazine had an article in their December issue on Sweets From Every State. Check it out: http://goo.gl/M16t0i.  I am going to use that as my inspiration to get started and we will see where this takes me.  I will report back with the hits and misses.  I just love an excuse to not only try new things, but also to keep my sweet tooth satisfied! 

No comments:

Post a Comment